How do I apply for a place for my client?
Leeds Housing Concern accepts referrals from a wide variety of organisations including local housing offices, the Housing Advice Centre, the Probation Service, other Voluntary Sector hostels or Social Services Offices. If the client is not in touch with any of these types of organisation, he / she can also make a referral for themselves.
The scheme Team is responsible for dealing with referrals for housing or day care services and for deciding who will be offered a vacancy. This will follow a thorough risk and needs assessment.
Referrals for accommodation:
When assessing your referral, Leeds Housing Concern will:
- Gather as much information from your client as possible in order to make a quick decision. If further information is necessary they may be asked to attend an interview within 24 hours.This may be at their place of residence or at the scheme).
- Offer advice about applying to other agencies
- Follow our published policies and procedures
- Aim to process all completed referrals within 7 working days
- If your referral has not been accepted, give reasons why.
Offers of Accommodation:
If we make your client an offer of accommodation, Leeds Housing Concern will:
- Tell them what the rent will be.
- Encourage them to view the property if possible.
- Indicate when their tenancy is likely to start.
- Provide an opportunity for them to appeal if you disagree with our decision.
We want to provide the client with an excellent housing management service. In providing these services, the scheme Team will:
- Explain the clients rights and responsibilities as a tenant.
- Ensure that Leeds Housing Concern complies with the provisions of the Tenants’ Charter as appropriate
- Ensure that the client is consulted on matters concerning their tenancy.
- Ensure that the client has opportunities to influence the Organisations’ activities through consultation and involvement in its work.
- Aim to offer information translated into various languages and will, if necessary, endeavour / attempt to arrange for a tranlator or language signer.
All documentation required to make a referral is available for download - see our downloads page.