Salary-£6.74 an hour
Hours-Full time, 40 hours per week
Holidays-20 days plus 8 bank holidays
An exciting, challenging opportunity has arisen for a Nursery Nurse to join a dynamic staff team and be part of a new Day Nursery for 40 children aged 2-5 years that opened in March 2015.
You will have a relevant Level 3 childcare qualification and a minimum of 2 years experience in a nursery or equivalent childcare setting.
You will also have the following proven experience, skills and knowledge and have positive attitudes to:
- Communicating confidently with a wide range of people
- Promoting positive relationships with children, parents and colleagues
- Ensuring health, safety and well being of children at all times
- Experience in working within the EYFS framework
- Have good IT skills, specifically Microsoft Outlook and Word
- Commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
- Commitment to partnership with families and external agencies.
- Be enthusiastic, innovative, energetic and able to motivate others.
- Be flexible and motivated in your own practice
- Have knowledge, understanding and practical experience of daycare provision for young children
- Understanding, promoting and working within Child Safeguarding policies and procedures
- Experience of working with children with additional needs
- Experience of record keeping, planning and report writing
- Provide the children with a safe, secure and home-like environment
- Operating a keyworker system and liaising with parents/carers, carers, and senior staff
- Plan, organise and implement a programme of activities to meet the needs of this age group
- Work as part of a highly motivated and professional team
For Informal queries and information contact the Nursery Manager Tracy Clegg on 0113 270 8316 between 10am and 3pm Monday – Friday.
To obtain information pack and application form please contact an Administrator on 0113 276 0616 or email: email@example.com.
Please note that wherever possible application packs will be emailed and we request that completed application forms and accompanying documents are emailed back.
Any appointment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check the cost of which will be met by Flowerpots Day Nursery. Also, we will subsequently join the DBS update service on your behalf again the cost of which will be met by Flowerpots Day Nursery.
Closing date- 9am Wednesday, 2 December 2015
Interview Date-Wednesday, 9 December 2015