T&Co provides a series of cafes serving tea, coffee, fancy buns and biscuits. The aim is to provide people who live with dementia, their carers and families an opportunity to gather in an informal, relaxed and friendly atmosphere and meet other people in similar circumstances.
It is an opportunity to share ideas, experiences and feelings, meet other people and reduce social isolation. The cafes create the chance for people to discuss common problems and offer one another solutions.
- To give people living with dementia and their carers an opportunity to spend an enjoyable time together and with other people in similar circumstances to their own.
- To promote an atmosphere that offers acceptance and recognition of the difficulties that dementia poses for people.
- To enable a therapeutic (in the widest sense) culture in which people can talk openly about their problems should they wish to do so.
- To prevent and reduce social isolation for people with dementia, their carers and families.
- To encourage peer support and relationship building between people who attend the café.
- To provide information about dementia, ways of managing and coping with it and wider support available to people by services in the community.
Please note the café staff cannot offer personal care. All people with dementia should be accompanied by another person who can offer them appropriate support. The cafes are designed to be a drop-in and not a drop off service.
Each café will run on a monthly basis. Please drop in between:
1.30pm to 3.30pm
HECKMONDWIKE - on the 1st Wednesday of each month at the Brighton Street Community Centre, Brighton Street Heckmondwike, WF16 9EY
MARSDEN - on the 2nd Thursday of each month at Mechanics Hall, Peel Street, Marsden, HD7 6BW.
HOLMFIRTH - on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at Holmfirth Methodist Church, School Street, Holmfirth, HD9 7EQ (at the opposite end of the car park from the co-op).
CLECKHEATON - on the 3rd Wednesday of each month in the Bar Lounge, Cleckheaton Town Hall, Bradford Road, Cleckheaton, BD19 3RH
DEWSBURY- on the 4th Wednesday of each month at Dewsbury Museum, Crow Nest Park, WF13 2SG
There is an entrance fee of £1 per person which covers the cost of all refreshments.
The cafés depend on the generousity of volunteers giving their time to staff at the cafés. If you would like to help out with volunteering we would be very happy to hear from you.
Postal Address: 192 Dewsbury Road, Leeds LS11 6ER
Coordinator: Nisah Imtiaz
Scheme Manager: Brian Garbett
Mobile: 07812 965 178